Monday, August 25, 2014

Our Perfect Baby


As I am sitting here staring at our baby boy I can't help but see how perfect he is. From his soft brown hair, down to his tiny, but long toes....all I see is perfection. He has brought so much joy into our lives just from the short amount of time that he has been here and I'm excited to see him grow up (but not too fast). As we were on the way to the hospital to have Logan I told Steve....I've always grown up around babies or children, either through babysitting or being around my younger siblings, but its only been to watch them for a couple of hours and interact with them and then eventually give them back to their parents. It was crazy to think at the time that in the next day or so we would be taking home our OWN child and he would be all of our responsibility. I've been thinking about this over the past couple of days and about my role as a mother in his life and the responsibility I have to him. Even though being a parent has been a little overwhelming, I know the Lord is on my side is going to help me along the way. I'm grateful that the Lord has entrusted Steve and I to take care of this little baby and have him return back to him someday, it truly is a blessing. I know that being a mother is my calling in life and it's what I am supposed to be doing at this time. I will make mistakes as a parent and will probably have to try different things with each of my children, but it's all part of the learning process and I am ready for it. 

2 comments :