Thursday, August 21, 2014

From Husband to Father

Ever since Logan was born I have seen a new side of Steve I've never really had the chance to see. It is his role as a father and it just makes me fall that much more in love with him. I've seen Steve play with his nieces and nephews before, but having his own child brings out something different in him and it is so fun to watch. Logan is definitely a lucky, lucky child and has a fun future to look forward to because he has Steve as his father. Every day when Steve comes home from work he goes straight to Logan and doesn't really take his eyes off of him until he goes to sleep at night. He loves playing with his boy and it is the cutest thing to watch. Steve says all the time, "I can't wait until Logan is bigger so we can.....go fishing, play catch, go skiing, etc." It just melts my heart. I want Logan to stay little forever, but I'm also excited to someday look out our window and watch them bond by playing sports or doing "manly things."

Steve and I want at least 4 kids and if it were up to him he would have them all be boys. I hope I get at least 1 or 2 girls out of the 4, but we will see. Steve really wanted our first baby to be a boy and he must have been doing a lot of praying because he got what he wished for. I really was hoping our first baby was a girl, but now that Logan is here I wouldn't trade him for anything and love him to death. I can't imagine my life without Logan in it now and I'm glad he was chosen to come to Steve and I. 

I love these pictures of Steve and Logan. They are so precious and you can really see how much he really loves his boy!




I love my boys!!!

Steve told me the other day, "I love my little family." I have to agree with him. I really do love our family of 3 and that Logan is our son. He brings such a special spirit into our home and I can't get over how adorable he is.

Steve has been such a supportive husband since we've been married. He's always been there when I'm feeling down, when I need an extra hand, or just when I needed someone to talk to. Since having Logan he has really outdone himself and stepped above all of my expectations. Whether it is from doing dishes nights in a row, to folding/putting away all the laundry, or letting me sleep in while he takes care of Logan, all of it has been super helpful as I'm still learning the transition from wife to mother. I really do love my husband and am so grateful I get to be with him for eternity. 


Here's a cute video of my boys.


2 comments :