Wednesday, October 26, 2016

February 2016

February was a crazy month! My work (State of Oregon) puts us through extensive work training over in Salem, OR. The training is about 5 weeks in total from start to finish. The state flies you over to Portland and you pick up a rental car from the airport and drive it down to Salem.

I started my training in the middle of January, but still have a couple weeks left because I had to move a week around because of Steve's grandma's funeral. I talked Steven into driving over to Portland the 1st weekend in February so we could explore the coast. I had two weeks back to back and thought why not?! I got done with training Friday afternoon and they met me over at the Children's Museum in Portland. It is free on the first Friday of each month so we picked a really good week.

My boys!!


Right after seeing my boys!! I missed them so much!









This museum had so much to do!! Slides, food market, magnets, blocks, veterinarian/doctor play, etc. Logan had a blast. 

After the museum we went to the best restaurant in Portland. Screen Door. We didn't get any pictures, but it is hands down the best southern food we have ever had. Imagine a big plate of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and mac n' cheese! TO DIE FOR!!! 


Saturday we spent the day on the coast! We first went to the Newport Aquarium. Overall it was fun, but I don't know if it's worth the price. You could get through this place in a couple of hours and I was hoping for a little more. 

















After the museum, we hopped over to the "beach." Very cold!!!


We stopped at the Chowder Bowl for lunch in Newport. 











We then drove up to Tillamook which was pretty far and hit up the Tillamook Cheese Factory before they closed. I was disappointed to say the least. I thought it was going to be some guided tour and all the machines would be up and running, but what can you expect on a Saturday night?? We will have to go again when everything is running on a weekday. Of course we tried some cheese samples and ice cream!

 

This is probably one of my favorite pictures of the day haha






We drove about 1 1/2 hours back to our hotel in Salem and ate some pizza for dinner and swam in the pool. 

Sunday morning.....Logan is thoroughly enjoying his breakfast! 

The boys had to start heading home so we stopped at a park in Portland and let Logan run around a little before their long drive. 




We stopped at a tasty Deli for lunch!


 Portland Temple
 And of course had to get some VooDoo Donuts! 


I got home from training the following week and got to spend a long weekend with my boys.
 



Steve's Valentine's Day gift. The way to a man's heart is through food :) 
(cheesy card)

And he definitely outdid himself. Love my husband!


I went back to training the following week and got out of training early one day so I headed to the coast! This time I went to Seaside, OR. 


The following day I met up with my good friend/old roommate Rebekah and her mom for dinner at Olive Garden. It was so fun to catch up and see them! 


Back with my boys again!

New haircut! Took a couple of inches off!







LAST WEEK OF TRAINING!

No comments :

Post a Comment