Sunday, November 6, 2016

Trip to California - June 2016

We had been wanting to visit family in Southern California and take Logan to Disneyland for the first time. We thought why not do it before he turned 2 so he could fly free. The drive was a little too far, otherwise that would have been something that we may have looked into. We found some reasonable flights for the beginning of June and decided to go. We did not regret it, it was so much fun! I have always been very close with the Heisinger family (my cousins) and they have 3 daughters. Kiley is a year younger than me and we have always gotten along. This trip was no different, we had a lot of fun! We got to see a lot of family and do a lot in a couple of days.

This was Logan's first time on an airplane since he was 3 1/2 months old. He loved it!! 





Saturday morning we went for a ride in the Side by Side



  
We then met up with my cousins on my mom's side and went out to breakfast. It was so good! Thanks Justin for treating us :)  

Logan digging into breakfast and Addelyn in the background

Hank got the biggest pancake! My cousin Jenny is his mom. 

Justin, Stephanie, and Bradley

My cousins and their kids. Justin and his wife (Stephanie) are in the middle and they have 2 kids - Addelyn and Bradley. My cousin Jennifer is on the far right holding her son Hank, her husband couldn't be there. It was so fun seeing everyone! 



After breakfast we headed to Huntington beach - the traffic was HORRIBLE!!! It one of the first weekends that kids were out of school so it seemed that everyone flocked to the beach! 










It was a cloudy day and was a little chilly at first but it started warming up the longer we were there. 




After the beach we headed back to the Heisinger for a Pool Party/BBQ. Brett makes THE BEST ribs. Its a process that he works on all day and puts in his smoker. They were the bomb! Logan even ate them and they were a little spicy too.


Logan swimming with cousin Brett! They have the coolest backyard pool/bar.


Logan chowing down! 

Logan and Daddy chillin





Logan chillin' with cousin Natalie

The ribs before they went in the smoker. 


Sunday we headed over to Hemet to go to lunch with my dad's side of the family. 

My uncle Larry and aunt Kathy. Larry is my dad's brother.

We went to a Mexican restaurant and it was good! 

My Grandma Stanley (my dad's mom). 

My cousin Kim and her husband Jon and their two kids (Hayden and Cal).  


We went over to my Grandma's place afterwards and got to visit with her for a little bit. 





Logan and his Great-Grandma
 
My grandma! She turns 90 in July!


Monday we woke up bright and early and headed to Disneyland with the cousins! If we would have had more time it would have been nice to go to Disneyland for two days. This day that we went there were also SO many people there. All the lines to see the characters were really long so we didn't even get any pictures of Logan with Mickey or anything :( Next time.....

Right to Left - my 3 cousins - Amanda, Kiley, and Heather.

Logan doesn't look too amused. 




My cousin Natalie and I






Kiley and I






My cousin Brett and I













Dole Whip - Best EVER!!
 









Logan loved the Paint the Night Parade


Tuesday morning was our last day in California. Kiley took us to LaJolla Cove. 






It was such a good, quick trip and we had a ton of fun!! Thank you to all of my family for making our trip very memorable!

No comments :

Post a Comment